Tuesday, February 15, 2011

To Infinity and Beyond

Back to the Future, Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Carribean, Lord of The Rings and Spiderman all have one commonality; trilogies,but none of these trilogies come close to comparing to the most recent completed triology; Toy Story. As a kid I remember watching Toy Story 1 and being amazed at Buzz Lightyears awesome features, laughing histarically at the little green aliens and being terrified of the toy destroyer, Sid.

Stopping at Toy Story 1 wasn't enough for the Pixar filmakers. Over the next years, more and more Pixar films came out such as; A Bugs Life, Monsters Inc., Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Cars, Wall-E, Ratatouille, and Up. In 1999, the second adaption of Toy Story hit the screens and as a kid I remember getting excited to see the loved characters from Toy Story 1 again. Toy Story 2 did it for me and I didn't expect another Toy Story to come out,but it wasn't until last summer that yet another Toy Story came out. When Toy Story 3 came out, I was there, in the front rows on the opening day. I have never been more excited for an animated film in my life.

I'm sure that a lot of my generation can relate to the Toy Story trilogy and appreciate it for what it is. Andy, Woody, Buzz, Slinky, Mr. Potato Head, Ham, Rex, and many other loved toys were basically growing up at the same time we were. They came to life on our screens, fought through peril with Sid, Stinky Pete and Zurg and 'grew up'. Now that the Toy Story adaptions are over I appreciate them more for what they were. Thank-you Pixar filmakers for making Toys, Fish, Monsters, Rats, Cars, Superheroes and Love come to life on my TV screen. There is nothing like sitting down and watching a good Pixar movie with a bunch of friends no matter what age you are!


"The CLAAWWWW" - Little Green Aliens
"You are a sad, strange little man, and you have my pity" - Buzz
"You ARE A TOY! T-O-Y TOY!!" - Woody
"I don't like confrontation!!" - Rex
" Ages 3 and Up; it's on my box, ages 3 and Up! I'm not supposed to be babysitting princess drool" - Mr. Potato Head
"Highly explosive...keep away from children. COOL!" - Sid

No comments:

Post a Comment