Thursday, December 3, 2015

My New Best Friend Named Lies

I remember the first time I heard you.
You were like beautiful music in my ears.
You came so suddenly I didn't know how to take you in; but I did.
I wrapped my arms around you and gave you a hug as if we were best friends, but
I remember when you left me,
When the other one came in.
The sound was like screeching metal and it made me cringe.
Instead it pushed me down and wiped away my grin.
I got back up and wiped the dust from falling to the ground,
But eventually I was consumed by all its words; I drowned.
The first one tried to fight its way back into my arms again,
But you won out because you've had more time with your tricks and games you play.
So I waved goodbye to truth in hopes we'd meet again
And I cowered down passing by my new best friend named lies.

I wrote this poem the other day because I have a tendency to believe lies. Lies others tell me and lies the devil tries to deceive me with. Usually the lies win out because we feel more comfortable believing them instead of claiming victory, but I want to challenge you to claim the victory over lies. Believe in truth; which essentially is Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment