Monday, August 22, 2011

All Things Work Together For Good. Don't They?

Do you remember when you were little and you were super excited to go to your friends house for a sleepover? Or when you couldn't wait to open up that gift at Christmas? Or what about the time you counted down until it was your birthday? Where did all those feelings go? It seems as if the little things don't impress us anymore. Everything in life has to be bigger and better. Need less to say, I want that feeling of excitement to come back to me for college.

I will be 100% honest with anyone who asks me right now if I'm excited to go back to school right now and my answer will be the same every time; no. Sure, I am stoked to see my friends, I'm excited to be a Room Leader and ready to see what God has in store for me,but I am dreading this more than anything. I have to say goodbye to one of my closest friends and it's killing me. I have to leave my little brother who I got closer with this summer and I have to leave my mom who at times bugged me like no other,but we worked through it.

Emotionally, I'm a wreck. I am ready to give up,but I keep getting this tiny ounce of hope every time I open the Word, read my daily verse, or pray to God. Everything is going to be okay. I just have to continue to tell myself that.

No comments:

Post a Comment